Want to learn how to crochet and work on a project for your Community Service hours? Then join us on Saturday, December 28th from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at Michael’s Arts & Crafts in Salem, NH.
We will be hosting a class to teach you how to crochet a small kitty blanket to be donated to the MSPCA for complimentary gifts to adopters, and/or for sale at their counter with proceeds going to their animal shelter. On that Saturday, we’ll spend from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm learning the art of crocheting and practicing our stitches.
Then, you can take your project home and work on it during your downtime. We’ll check back with you in a few weeks, and when we have compiled a collection of kitty blankets, (and/or small dog blankets if you are feeling very ambitious), we will plan a trip to the MSPCA to donate them.
Already know how to crochet, but want to learn how to knit? Then come along, too, and we can go over that art as well.
If you would like to join us, please try to come 20-30 minutes early on the 28th (try to arrive between 10:30-10:55 ). This will allow you time to pick out yarn and a crochet needle. A basket of colorful yarns suitable for this project will be available in the project room, so stop in there first to pick out something you like. You can then take your picks to the front counter to pay at the register for your purchases, and then return to the project room to sit with your friends and start your “how to” lesson.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to BCA parent, Sharon.email@example.com by December 14th. Email your questions or call Sharon at 617-866-3478.
Our annual Christmas Concert will be held on Friday, December 13th at 7:00 pm. The rehearsal schedule for all grades is as follows:
- On Thursday, December 12th, students in grades 1-4 will be transported to West Church by bus at 12:30 pm for concert rehearsal.
- Immediately following that rehearsal, students will be taken by bus to Cedarland for PE class. They will be dismissed at 2:45 pm from Cedarland as they usually do on Thursdays.
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS:
- On Thursday, December 12th, students in grades 5-8 will be transported to West Church by bus at 1:30 pm.
- Students will be dismissed from the side entrance the church parking lot at 2:30 pm.
- Please note the early dismissal time and location. Parents can pull through the circle, and we will load cars from the door.
HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS/PRAISE BAND STUDENTS:
- On Tuesday, December 10th, High School Chorus students will rehearse at the Northpoint Performing Arts Center until 3:30 pm. Please plan to be picked up then.
- Girls–Please bring the shoes you will be dancing in to rehearsal that day.
- On Thursday, December 12th, High School Chorus students will be transported to West Church by bus at 2:00 pm, and will be dismissed from the side entrance of the church parking lot at 3:00 pm.
- On Thursday, December 12th, High School Praise Band members are asked to stay for an additional rehearsal, and they will be dismissed from the church parking lot at 4:30 pm.
- On Friday, December 13th, High School students should arrive at West Church by 6:00 pm to prepare for the concert.
See you at the show!
Please join us for our Christmas Celebration Concert on Friday, December 13th!
The concert will be held at the West Congregational Church (767 Broadway, Haverhill, MA) at 7:00 pm with free admission. Our elementary, middle, and high school students have a wonderful program to share with parents, family and friends.
Performance attire for ALL Elementary and Middle School students is as follows:
- Guys - white button-down shirt, dark pants (preferably black), colorful tie, dress shoes, belt
- Girls - solid color top or dress in a jewel tone such as red, green, blue, gold, turquoise or purple (no prints or white); tops can be worn with a black skirt or black dress pants; dress shoes
Performance attire for High School Chorus/Praise Band is as follows:
- Guys – white button-down shirt, dark pants (preferably black), colorful tie, black dress shoes, belt
- Girls – black dress or black pants with black top, brightly colored scarf
**No jeans or sneakers
See you at the concert!
“Hospitality is always an act that benefits the host even more than the guest.”
~ Parker J. Palmer
Have you ever considered hosting an international student in your home? This is a wonderful opportunity to open your home to an international BCA student while also enriching your family and learning about a new country.
For more details, please contact Marge Squire at the Lower School at 978-373-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, December 18th at 1:45 pm, students in grades 5-12 will participate in our annual Christmas Chapel. Families are welcome to attend this special event.
Students in grades 5-8 will be taken by bus to the First Church of Christ at 10 Church Street in Bradford.
Middle School students will be dismissed immediately following the Chapel at 2:45 pm from the First Church of Christ.
We hope you join us on December 18th as we reflect and worship as a school community.
The annual middle school Christmas party will be held on Friday, December 20th at Ward Hill Church from 11:30 – 2:30 pm.
There will be no Art or PE that day. Middle school students will be dismissed at the regular time (2:45 pm) from the Lower School.
Save the date!
On Saturday, December 7th from 7:00 – 10:00 pm, High School students are invited to attend BCA’s annual Christmas Dance.
The dance will be held at Maria’s Family Restaurant in Haverhill. Semi-formal attire is required. Permission slips are due on Friday, December 6th.
See you on the dance floor!
“The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ But…the good Samaritan reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?’”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.
Welcome to Reaching Out! This page is designed to keep you informed about current Community Service opportunities!
Students are required to do a minimum of 15 hours of community service for each year at BCA. Hours spent working for most non-profit organizations meet this requirement. Some school-sponsored activities also meet the requirement. Students should submit the logged hours on the Community Service Sheet to the school office and the Dean of Students as they accrue. Students are encouraged to go above and beyond this amount. Any student in need of community service opportunities should contact the Mrs. Cottrell at the Lower School.
Current Community Service Opportunities:
- Middle School students are invited to learn to crochet kitty blankets to be donated to the MSPCA. On Saturday, December 28th from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, at Michael’s Arts & Crafts in Salem, NH, BCA parent Sharon Van Hecke will coordinate a crochet/knitting class to learn how to make these blankets. For more information, please click here.
- Students in grades 7-12 are invited to volunteer their time selling Christmas trees with the Salem Exchange Club in Salem, NH. There are several days/time-slots that you can sign up to work. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Mrs. Gaiero at the Lower School at email@example.com.
Please join us for our Beyond the Books Tour!
Our Beyond the Books tours are designed to give community members and prospective new parents insight into our mission and hear from real Bradford students who are the future leaders of our community. We encourage all parents to attend a tour and think about bringing someone you know who may benefit from hearing about the life-shaping work that happens here everyday.
Our next tour date is Wednesday, December 4th from 8:30-9:30 am at the Lower School. We hope to see you there!
School photos came home last Friday, so be sure to ask your children for them!
Tamara Panza of Genesis Artistry has offered to place another picture order for anyone who missed the original deadline or who would like to order more pictures.
If you would like to order additional pictures, please print out the order form and return it along with your payment by Wednesday, December 4th. Photos will be sent home with students no later than Wednesday, December 18th.
On Monday, November 25th from 2:45 – 4:00 pm, wreaths from our Parent Connection fundraiser will be available for pick-up.
The distribution location will be at the Ward Hill Church common located on M Street just down the street from the Lower School.
Thank you for your participation in this important fundraiser!
The High School Student Council is sponsoring our participation in the VFW Haverhill Santa Parade on Sunday, November 24th at 1:00 pm.
Students who have turned in permission slips and are marching in the parade should meet at the Wood School at 11:30 am on Sunday. The Wood School is located at 25 South Spring Street in Bradford. Parents can pick up students at the Wood School after the parade is over. (Students will be driven back to the Wood School by minivan.)
Our theme is Christmas Community, and students are asked to wear jeans, comfortable walking shoes, and either blue BCA sweatshirts or BCA soccer jerseys.
For families wanting to cheer us on, the parade route begins at the Wood School in Bradford and ends at the VFW Post at 64 Kenoza Avenue in Haverhill.
On Tuesday, November 26th, our Elementary students will take part in a Thanksgiving Celebration at Ward Hill Church from 1:00 – 2:30 pm.
Students will enjoy Thanksgiving -themed food and crafts. Parents are encouraged to participate and help facilitate the activities.
If you would like to contribute ideas or time for this wonderful celebration, please contact Mrs. Scharlach or Mrs. Lynch at the Lower School.
There will be an informational meeting for students participating in the upcoming Sacred Honor Choir and their parents on Thursday, November 21st from 6:30 – 7:15 pm at the high school in Room 302.
At this meeting, Mrs. Burgess will be discussing travel arrangements, housing accommodations, securing music and setting up rehearsal times. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Burgess via email or the school office.
On Friday, November 22nd, the Elementary students will go to the Haverhill Public Library for their monthly research field trip.
Students in grades 3 & 4 will go at 10:30 am, and students in grades 1 & 2 will go at 12:30 pm.